#Staycation Tips 5: Summer BBQ Chic
Summer BBQ’s haven’t ended yet, they’re just beginning! And here at Fairhill Shopping Centre, we have tonnes of unique, chic and fun bits for you to take your BBQ’s to the next level. Having people round for a little grilled meat and veggies is often underrated but seeing as we’ve been cooped up for the majority of this year, being able to spend time with family and friends is a must for most individuals!
So, whether you need new garden equipment, experimental recipes or games to keep your guests entertained, Fairhill is here to lend you a helping hand. *Runs to centre to buys EVERYTHING! *
At any BBQ, many of us will indulge in all the grilled meats, fresh veggies, pasta salads, dips & crunchy crudité platters to our hearts content. If you don’t want to feel like your bursting at the seams, we recommend long, flowing dresses, stretchy jersey material or cosy chinos – just so you’re comfortably chic while you’re nibbling away.
For the latest fashion in the centre, we recommend:
H&M | M&S | New Look | Superdry | Next
Need new recipes?
Whenever you have company coming over, you want to impress with a dessert sponge, perfectly seared marks on your meat and moist salads that leave your guests coming back for more (and more!!). Well, we recommend you head to the centre in preparation for your summer BBQ and pick up a recipe book to inspire you with new foodie ideas.
We’re giving you this recipe to trial next time you’ve got a BBQ pencilled in the diary. It’s a veggie side dish, that incorporates charred courgettes and runner beans with a bite of chilli if you fancy a little heat!
- 50g mixed seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 3 courgettes, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 400g runner beans
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- Salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1: Toast the seeds in a dry pan until they start to pop, then stir in the honey, chilli and a good pinch of sea salt. Once all the seeds are sticky and forming clusters, tip out onto a piece of grease proof paper and leave to cool. Mix the lemon zest and some seasoning into the ricotta and set aside.
- STEP 2: Toss the courgettes and runner beans in the oil, then season. Fire up the barbecue or get a pan searing hot on the hob. Working in batches, cook the veg until charred and softened but still a little crunchy.
- STEP 3: Spread the ricotta along the bottom of a large sharing platter and top with the veg. Squeeze over the lemon juice, then scatter over the honeyed seeds. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and serve.
To step up your BBQ menu, we recommend:
Waterstones | The Works | M&S
Need new cooking utensils too? Pop to M&S and Debenhams for pans, BBQ essentials or serving platters.
Given the current situation, it might be a good idea to pick up new sets of re-usable plates, utensils and glasses too! You can keep these for all future BBQ events, plus you’ll be helping to keep the world a little greener.
So, whether you need new garden wear (fancy plant pots to garden chairs with matching tables) or a few fun games to enjoy with guests, we recommend: Toy Town | The Works | Debenhams
(We choose Twister by the way, an all-time classic)
A little gift…
Finally, if you’ve been invited to a BBQ and you hate going empty handed, you can pop to YANKEE CANDLE and pick up a gift to say, ‘thanks for inviting us’!
For full store information, click here: https://www.fairhillshopping.co.uk/store_directory/View All