How to Have A Hauntingly Fun Halloween!
We get it, HALLOWEEN 2020 isn’t what we thought it would be. Probably no door-to-door trick or treating due to lockdown guidelines and certainly no Halloween parties with friends and family! But there’s no need to be glum, because we have a heap of ideas that we’re about to let loose on how you can still have fun as a family – or in groups of 6!
Whether you’re in need of frighteningly fantastic treats, spooky accessories to match a costume or hallow-inspired tableware, the centre is here to help you ‘creep it real’… We look forward to helping you make this year the best yet 다운로드!
Before you scroll any further, we have a joke for you to guess the answer to. Answer will be revealed at the end of this style article.
‘What do mummies listen to on Halloween?’
Tips on Carving A Pumpkin
We wanted to make the carving process super simple and safe! We’re giving you a few of our best tricks on how to carve a pumpkin, (this will also come in handy for our Facebook carving competition.
- Start with the right pumpkin! Look out for a fresh, plump and strong stemmed pumpkin. Try to avoid ones that are bruised, but that have a flat bottom 다운로드. (So they don’t roll away!)
- Always cut the lid from the bottom, rather than the top. This helps prevent the sides from caving in! Although, if you do carve from the top, make sure it’s at an angle!
- Scoop out all that gloopy pumpkin pulp!
- Use a template to perfect your spooky design, then trace out by poking holes along the lines. *Always carve the pumpkin in your lap for sturdiness.
- Use the scraps creatively! They could be a tongue, pumpkin spew, or hair!
- Keep it fresh by rubbing the cut edges with petroleum jelly 무비메이커 윈도우10 다운로드!
Eat, Drink & Be Scary!
Having Halloween at home doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom! It can be just as fun as trick or treating or attending a fancy-dress party… We’ve got a recipe that will make you say, ‘oh my gourd!’. These 3-ingredient biscuits are super easy to make and will keep the kids occupied as yourome-Halloween party commences 다운로드!
- Shortbread biscuits (ready-made or homemade, it’s up to you!)
- Icing sugar or melted white chocolate
- Chocolate chips
- Dip one side of your shortbread biscuit into the icing sugar or melted white chocolate. (If you are using icing sugar, remember to add a little water at a time until you get a thick consistency).
- Once one side is dipped and covered in the white icing sugar or chocolate, add two chocolate chips as the eyes and one for the mouth! Yes, you want that spooky and shocked face going on…
- And you’re DONE! Leave to set and you’ll have ghost-like biscuits ready to be devoured 다운로드! *They will keep for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Obviously, if you fancy a spiced latte or ready-made sweet treat, Starbucks will have you covered.
Of course, the traditional game of ‘bobbing for apples’ is great, but here are some tips on new games that you’ll enjoy playing whether it’s with your children or friends 다운로드.
Mummy of the year: If the name didn’t give the game away, you’ll have to dress up your partner in rolls of toilet paper under time conditions! The person who looks most like a mummy by the end of it wins an extra chocolate bar (YUM!).
Sweety Jenga: Grab a bucket of relatively flat Halloween sweets (think chocolate bars) and take turns stacking them on top of one another. The first person to knock down the stack loses — and the winners get to split the sweet loot. You can grab all your favourite treats from, M&S, Boots and even The Works 다운로드! (FYI: The Works have personalised name Dairy Milk Chocolate Bars… You can thank us later!)
Halloween Charades: This Halloween game is perfect if you’re staying home with a small group this year. Simply write your favourite Halloween or spooky movies and phrases onto index cards and play a game of Charades – this will separate the ghouls from the Hallow-queens & kings.
We do hope #HocusPocus & #TheAddamsFamily are on your #to watch list’.
Yes, supporting your community (local farms especially) during the spooky season is important 다운로드! You can pop to your local farm or supermarket and grab the essentials. And when we say essentials, we mean pumpkins, fresh apples, and Autumn veggies to enjoy.
Be sure to grab a large, juicy pumpkin to carve, ‘cos what’s Halloween without one?! Plus, fresh apples to cover in toffee and enjoy with a hot cup of tea (FYI; we recommend the infusion blends from M&S).
And for any autumn veggies you stack up in your trolley, be sure to cook up a storm as the weather gets chillier. We think a warming stew, homemade soup or casserole sounds to die for 유튜브 동영상 음악 다운로드! If you need a little extra inspo, be sure to pick up a cookbook from Debenhams or Waterstone’s when you’re next at the centre.
Now this is a hard one! That dreaded question: ‘What are you wearing for Halloween?’ – this year is a little different, so get creative and enjoy the season in all its unique glory 다운로드. Whether you’re wanting to match with your child or bestie, there’s plenty of retailers at the centre to help you with your desired look…
Grab extra decorations, costume accessories and all sorts of face paint from The Works, Topshop, Debenhams, and New Look! Or satisfy your girls with cute yet creepy pieces from Claire’s (we personally love anything kitty-themed!). But, if you’re really struggling with who or what to be for the 31st October, here are our top 5 faves:
- A ghostbuster (perfect for all)
- A pirate, pretty princess, scary skeleton, or an animal of choice! (perfect for kids and, to be honest, the list never ends!)
- An army general (perfect for dads)
- Wonder Woman (to all mums, EVERYWHERE!)
Be sure to take a picture with whoever you have round for your Halloween gathering, it could be a new tradition that’ll make memories for years to come. We’re hoping that our tips on how to make #Halloween2020 special has made you re-think cancelling any fun plans you had in place.
We’ll leave you with the answer if you hadn’t already guessed it…
‘What do mummies listen to on Halloween?’
‘Wrap music’View All